Do you guys use a social cataloguing application to catalogue your books online?
I have been using Library Thing for quite a while now. As far as I know, it’s the biggest and most popular among such applications as it allows you to access data from Amazon as well as from libraries around the world. It’s great, save for a fee that you have to pay when you go over 200 books.
I recently switched to another popular social/book cataloguing app - Shelfari. It may not be as big as Library Thing but it looks better design-wise and is very user friendly. Most importantly, it allows for an unlimited number of books and is FREE.
Here are some other social cataloguing applications you may be interested in:
1. GuruLib - http://www.gurulib.com/
2. Good Reads - http://www.goodreads.com/
3. Revish - http://www.revish.com/
4. What’s on My Bookshelf - http://whatsonmybookshelf.com/
5. Anobii - http://www.anobii.com/anobi/anobii_home.php
6. Amazon’s Your Media Library http://www.amazon.com/gp/ays
I’m sure there’s more out there that I failed to mention. In your opinion, which is the best site?
My personal favourite remains to be the mac-designed Delicious Library. It’s simply delicious! I highly recommend it. And great news! You can now export your library to the web using this nifty tool.
[click on pictures to view my full catalogue]